CooperSurgical Training Lab - Måløv, Denmark
2 days course - Basic
The Core Embryology Training is intended to provide participants with the core knowledge of assisted reproductive laboratory technologies. Participants will critically appraise key processes in the andrology and embryology laboratory, examining the evidence base and evaluating the various systems used. The course covers the principal procedures from oocyte collection and sperm preparation through to embryo culture and transfer, and will look at IVF insemination, culture techniques, and embryo selection. In addition, data management for auditing and surveillance of laboratory performance will be highlighted. Participants will have the opportunity to see how media are produced during a factory tour. The emphasis will be on group participation so that delegates can pick up tips on optimizing the lab performance.
The course will be taught in English.
- To learn about the biology of gametes and embryos
- To learn about the and practice of assisted reproduction techniques using oocytes and sperm
- To learn about an IVF laboratory set up
- To have hands-on practice in sperm preparation
Lab technicians, clinical embryologists, research scientists and trainees with some clinical experience wishing to improve their core knowledge and theoretical understanding of embryology, andrology and assisted reproductive laboratory techniques.
In order to ensure the highest educational standard, the limit of 12 participants has been set to this course.
Course fee is EUR 525.
- Attendance to lectures
- Hands-on training
- Syllabus of the Course
- Lunches and refreshments
- Certificate of attendance
What’s not included?
- Transportation to and from Denmark
- Cost for Visa application
- Participants are advised to organise a personal travel insurance.