This refresher Course is intended to provide participants with the core knowledge of current assisted reproductive laboratory technologies. Participants will critically appraise key processes in the andrology and embryology laboratory. The course covers the principal procedures from oocyte collection and sperm preparation through to embryo culture and transfer, and will look at IVF and ICSI insemination, culture techniques, and embryo selection. Participants will have the opportunity to participate in a demonstration of and hands-on exposure to the different up to date ART techniques.
- To learn about the biology of gametes and embryos
- To learn about the practice of assisted reproduction techniques involving oocytes, sperm and embryos
- To learn about a current IVF laboratory set up
- To have demonstration and hands-on exposure to the different ART laboratory techniques
Sales managers who have attended a Sales Academy in the past and who want an update in recent advances in Assisted reproductive technologies used in the IVF and Andrology laboratory.
Educational needs and expected outcomes
The course aims to provide you with:
- Knowledge on the biological and technical aspects of sperm preparation and oocyte preparation for IUI, IVF and ICSI
- Knowledge on the biological and technical aspects of oocyte and embryo culture and embryo grading
- Hands-on exposure
Minimal expertise required for participation in the Course
Working as a Sales Manager for over 3 years at CooperSurgical Fertility and Genomics
- Short theoretical explanation of each ART technique
- Hands-on exposure sessions
The official language of the course is English.
Certificate of attendance
Participants can obtain a certificate of attendance after completing the Course evaluation at the end of the Course.
Participants are requested to send in ONE practical query/question they have on a specific ART technique one week before the Course.